The Baja 5B SS is back and bigger and badder than ever!
The 1/5th scale Baja 5B RWD desert racing buggy has been a huge success with RC fans, racers and journalists, and Baja owners have been extremely happy with the racing prowess, durability and qualities of the Baja 5B buggy. Now, HPI is proud to announce that the Baja SS, the full-option Baja kit that you assemble yourself, is not only loaded with tons of hop-ups that enhance the speed and power of the Baja; now HPI have improved its durability even further! The Baja SS is an epic member of HPI's range of upgraded ‘Super Sport' models that feature kit versions of HPI's popular RTR models, with additional option parts added to enhance the enjoyment of your kit. A long list of option parts is included with the SS version of the Baja 5B. As you build the kit, you add in the options that come in the box, and add your own radio gear (receiver, throttle servo, and receiver battery).
Packed with Pre-Included Hop-Ups!
To handle the extra horsepower of the Fuelie 26S, the drivetrain of the Baja SS is boosted with specially designed option parts that can handle the power increase. Providing a boost of extra power is the #86690 Aluminium Tuned Pipe - now complete with #87288 steel header for even more durability - is designed just for the 26cc engine and gives even more acceleration power to the Baja SS. The #15448 8000 RPM Clutch lets the engine rev up to a high RPM before engaging the drivetrain, giving you lightning-fast acceleration off the starting line and out of every corner. Protecting the differential is the #87568 Aluminium Alloy Diff Case, giving protection from the extreme strength of the engine. When it comes to transferring all this power into breathtaking action on the ground, the #104966 Super Heavy Duty Dogbones get the power from the diff to the rear wheels with chunky steel driveshafts and jointed rubber boots for minimal loss of power. Add the #112845 Heavy Duty front hubs and the #104781 One piece rear uprights and we have one tough unit ready to blast deserts, rugged wasteland and anything in it's path with unshakeable durability.
- Aluminium Tuned Pipe - Now with new steel header for even more durability! Designed to give you increased power and quicker acceleration!
- 8000 RPM Clutch - Launches the Baja 5B at higher RPM for more punch off the line and out of low-speed corners.
- Rear Shock Tower Brace - Relocates shocks for increased rear suspension travel for better traction and braking on rough ground.
- Rear Hub Carriers - Now seriously beefed up to our 'Super Heavy Duty' standard, carried over from the Baja SC SS - for even more durability, so you can go the distance and absorb any bumps from crashes.
- Super Heavy Duty Dogbones - These #104965, #104966 and #104967 get the power from the diff to the rear wheels with chunky steel driveshafts, built to contend with high horsepower engines like the Fuelie 26S and jointed rubber boots at both ends for minimal loss of power and to keep dirt and rocks out of the joints
- Sway bars - These #86618 improve your Baja 5B SS' handling and give you quicker steering response so in highspeed situations your buggy can react to obstacles in it's path as quick as your reflexes will allow!
- Aluminium Alloy Diff Case - For increased drivetrain durability and extended time between maintenance and rebuilds. Perfect for the high output 26S Engine!
- Clear Pre-Cut Bodyshell - Crystal clear tough polycarbonate is ready for custom paint. Pre-cut to make painting and installation quick and easy. Also comes with pre-cut vinyl decals and protective overspray film.
- Gunmetal Main Chassis - Unique customized looks with a gunmetal-anodized 6061 T6 aluminium monocoque chassis. Super-rigid for supreme performance, it also looks amazing under the bodyshell!
- Heavy Duty Beadlocks - Reinforced design increases durability of the wheels and tires. Protects the sidewalls of your tires in hard cornering manoeuvres.
Fuelie 26cc Gasoline Engine
At the heart of the Baja SS is the #15403 Fuelie 26S 26cc engine, a tougher, stronger and more powerful engine than the standard 23cc Fuelie engine in the Baja 5B RTR buggy. With more displacement you get increased low-end grunt, more acceleration and huge top-end speed! The Fuelie 26S is a 2-stroke engine powered by regular pump gasoline (petrol) that is mixed with 2-stroke engine oil, so the running cost of the engine is extremely low when compared to any normal nitromethane-powered glow engine. You'll spend just pennies per tank on fuel!
Heavy Duty Front Wheel Hubs
To keep in sync with the Super Heavy Duty drivetrain, the Baja 5B SS also comes with #112845 Heavy Duty front wheel hubs. These new axles utilize a screw and nut design that eliminates the older e-clip design, which further improves the reliability of the truck. Every bit of this kit screams 'Come and get it!' ...and as Baja drivers all over the world continue to tear their Bajas through increasingly gnarly terrains - HPI's designers keep boosting the kit's rugged durability to keep the Baja coming back for more.
SFL-10 MG Steering Servo
In addition to all the heavy duty options included with the kit, you get a tough, super-strong steering servo #80589 that is already equipped with the #80584 Metal Gear Steering upgrade. This allows you to have the security of reliable, quick steering in all conditions. With a powerful servo controlling the steering, the Baja SS will track straight and true when you want it to, no matter how bumpy the running surface. The front wheels will also stay pointed in the right direction as you power through the turns! This is a great standard feature of the Baja SS, putting you well on your way to a solid electronics package.
To improve the handling of the Baja even further, we have a full set of #87561 and #87562 VVC/HD Baja shocks which are included and improve handling on all types of terrain and are also heavy-duty to keep things secure on the track. A complete set of #86618 sway bars are also included to keep your Baja SS planted in the curves and aid traction.
The Baja SS carries over the robust, efficient and highly detailed double-wishbone suspension from the standard Baja 5B, giving you amazing control and precision over any type of terrain. The suspension doesn't just look like the real deal, it's built to last! The rugged upper and lower arms will soak up the bumps and rough landings of fast off-road driving and racing, plus it's super-strong to hold up in those inevitable crashes and rollovers!
Width (front): 460mm
Width (rear): 480mm
Track (front): 395mm
Track (rear): 400mm
Weight: 9.6kg (without fuel)
Camber: adjustable front & rear
Caster: adjustable front
Toe-In: adjustable front & rear
Drive System: 2WD viscous diff
Tires (front & rear): HPI Dirt Busters
Required to complete:
6 x AA batteries
6v Hump Battery Pack
2 Stroke Engine Oil
MPN 112457 EAN 4944258024707 Manufacturer HPI Vehicle Buggy Scale 1/5 Drive 2WD Kit Type KIT Power Petrol